Six Senses Laamu is the only resort in the Laamu Atoll, deep in the Indian Ocean. Just an inter-island flight south from Malé International Airport and a short speedboat ride brings you to a place of unique, untouched and simple beauty. 97 water and beachfront villas are constructed of sustainable materials and spread around the palm-fringed island paradise. Take a stroll on the Maldives’ largest overwater amenities facility, which includes two restaurants, a wine cellar, the resort’s signature bar, the dive center, an ice-cream parlor and retail gallery.
Barefoot serenity! White sand, turquoise water, untouched beaches and lush vegetation. The resort offers an individual and natural style along with a wonderful sense of privacy. Villa accommodations provide an environmentally sustainable yet well-appointed interior design with spectacular water views. Every little detail has been carefully considered and designed with a minimalistic touch.
Facilities & FeaturesDine: 6 Restaurants & Bars | Sports & Wellness Dive, Water Sports & Sports Centre
Six Senses Laamu has 97 beachfront and water villas, carefully designed to complement the outstanding natural beauty of the island. They offer privacy, coziness and luxury. True to the Six Senses’ philosophy of being in harmony with the environment, the villas are crafted from local and sustainable materials.
Six Senses Spa offers nine private treatment nests, either with an ocean view or tucked away in the lush nature that surrounds them. Awaken the senses with locally inspired and Ayurvedic treatments, massages, yoga and fitness classes or workshops. Highly skilled Six Senses Spa therapists use a synergy of natural products to provide a comprehensive range of award-winning signature procedures and journeys, plus rejuvenation and wellness specialties of the region. Visiting practitioners offer guests lifestyle consultations and specialized holistic sessions.
Excursions/Services/ActivitiesAvailable at this Resort:
- Diving or snorkeling. Water sports include kayaking, catamaran sailing, windsurfing and stand up paddling.
- Surf’s up!**
- Early morning fishing, sunset fishing or big game fishing! Whatever the catch, chefs will prepare it to order!
- Guests can embark on a true Robinson Crusoe adventure to their own island for a day with a picnic
**May to September is the time for the best waves. The YinYang Surf Break, the most famous break in Maldives, is only a few meters away from the resort. Daily boat trips are organized during this season.
The resort also offers unique experiences such as private dining or cocktails on the sandbank, sunken table or candlelit dinners on the beach.
- Be inspired with an early morning breakfast as the sun rises
- An evening cocktail watching the sunset or a barbeque dinner surrounded by the Indian Ocean
- Twice each week, a lobster and seafood barbeque is presented on LEAF beach.
- Unique sunken dining experience.
- Private dining on the beach, just for two, creates a romantic candlelight experience.
- A sunset cruise embarks daily in search of dolphins, with refreshing drinks and canapés served on board.
- At the wine cellar, wine tastings, wine dinners and wine pairings can be arranged.
- During a five-course menu prepared by the resort’s chefs, sommeliers select matching wines from around the world to accompany the dinner.
- Sommeliers can even suggest the best wines to pair with chocolate, cheese or canapés. Based on guest preferences, sommeliers will prepare a wine tasting of global vintages.
- The Den, a complimentary club for younger guests from 3 to11 years old
- The Den also offers babysitting service with a charge.
- Cinema Under the Stars is movies in the open-air with popcorn and refreshments.
- The Library offers access to the Internet along with a comprehensive reading list and the latest in music and movies - to watch and listen anywhere, anytime on handheld individual units.
- Well-stocked medical clinic with a doctor on call 24 hours.
- Six Senses Gallery presents a range of signature items for carrying beautiful memories home.